Establishing or Disconnecting Utility Service

  • Business:

McCordsville Utility Customer Information Sheet:  Click on this form to read the details and fill out  -- Customer Information Sheet

If you are an owner renting your home out, you will also need to fill out Section 2 and your new tenant fill out Section 1 of the customer form and return it to the utility office.  

If you are selling your home or if you have decided to rent your house out then you will need to call our office or fill out this Stop Account request form and submit it at least one week prior to vacating the residence. Here is the link to the form you will need to use: Account Stop Order.  

The amount on your final bill will reflect what is currently owed on your account, along with a final bill for the billing through your move out date. You can fax this form to 317-336-7483, email it to, or mail or bring it in to our office at 6280 W 800 N McCordsville. If you require help in filling this form out you may call our office at 317-335-1044, during our business hours of Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm.

If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact us 317-335-1044. 


Disconnection of Service for Non-Payment
If your account is at least two months past due your service will be disconnected on the second Tuesday after the current due date.  We are not required to mail out a separate notice of disconnection.  A Citizens Energy representative will shut off the water and place a door hanger on the front door of the residence.  We will only accept payment for full account balance in the form of cash, money order, debit or credit card*($2.95 added fee by 3rd party).  Citizen Energy requires a $45 disconnect fee to be paid and a release form must be signed by the resident or a representative before the service will be reinstated. You may do this over the phone.
To avoid disconnection of service, payment for your balance must be received by 9:00 a.m. on the day service is terminated.  If it is not paid by 9:00 am a work order will be sent to Citizen's for turn off at your address.  You must pay the $45 work order fee and sign the release even if your water has not yet been turned off yet.

Contact the Town

Town Hall (more about this location/facility)
6280 W 800 N
McCordsville, IN 46055
Get Directions

  • Phone: (317) 335-3151
  • Fax: (317) 335-3495
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.